You probably don’t associate fiber-rich foods with living longer – I know I didn’t at first – but you will now because the health benefits of fiber are many.
In short, fiber is awesome because it:
- Helps control blood sugar levels
- Reduces our risks for serious conditions such as heart disease, diverticulitis, and stroke
- Lowers risk of developing hemorrhoids
- Prevents gallstones and kidney stones
- Helps promote weight loss
As you can see, fiber is similar to antioxidants in the fact that it protects us and keeps us healthy.
Since fiber can reduce our risk of chronic, and sometimes deadly conditions, while also helping us keep those extra pounds off, it’s a perfect ally for helping you live longer.